Who is Jazeel Gayle?
Someone once described my films like this: “Jazeel you like to torture the audience don’t you? You want to screw a nail into the audience slowly over two hours.” Yup! That’s me!
Jazeel Gayle is a Jamaican born lover of authentic narrative based storytelling that pushes the limit of cinema blah blah blah blah. That’s how these things usually start, right?
I am part of a collective of artists just trying to color in and out of the lines. I’m a graduate of the School Of Visual Arts working in the industry for a decade now. My last feature was awarded a 9/10 on the Blacklist.
I’m a fan a classical sculptures. I’m a fan of all black. I’m a Filmmaker. I’m a Producer. I’m a lover of cats and Beyonce. If you like my work say hi. If you hate my work, say hi and tell me what I can improve. If you want to work together hit me up!
Here’s a recipe for Jamaican Rice and Pease.
1 can (19oz) Kidney beans, including liquid
1 can (14 oz) Coconut milk
Water (approx 1-2/3 cups)
2 cloves Garlic, chopped
1 Small onion or 2 stalks scallion, chopped
1 tsp Dried thyme
1½ to 2 tsp Salt, to taste
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
2 cups Long grain rice (rinsed and drained)
1. Drain the liquid from the can of beans into a measuring cup and
add the can of coconut milk and enough water to make four cups of liquid
2. Add liquid, beans, garlic, chopped onion and thyme to large pot
3. Add salt and black pepper. Bring to a boil.
4. Add rice and boil on High for 2 minutes.
5. Turn heat to Low, and cook covered until all water is absorbed (about 15 to 20 min).
6. Fluff with fork before serving.